Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Needle & Thread.......

So, In three short months I am moving to Manhattan to attend Parsons The New School Of Design. I am going to major in Fashion Design. It just doesn't seem real, i'm living a dream. Now being the shopaholic i am, i was dying to own a vintage dress form- its a necessity for any fashionista like myself, no? How excited was i when a family friend said, we have a old dress form that was my grandmother's no one has a use for it, do you want it?! YES! I also got the back story on this antique, My friend's grandmother used this dress form to sew & design while working as a designer for Elizabeth Arden. I will cherish this antique forever.

Close up of the dress form
How cool is this, it's a special instrument that was used back in the day to make even hems. One day i'm going to give it a try.
XOXOXO
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment