Monday, July 5, 2010

Centre Island

I spent the fourth on Centre Island, also home to Billy Joel. The Island is 40 minutes away by car on the north shore of LongIsland, NY. We have very good family friends that own a house on the island. Unfortunatley we didn't get to see Billy Joel, but we saw limo after limo going into his estate, we suspect he was having a party. I brought my friend, Alexa. We went to the beach, looked for seashells, swam for a bit, and just took it all in. I then sketched some landscapes of the beautiful view in my drawing pad, then after dinner we headed over to the other side of the island for the fireworks display. Its amazing how such a beautiful place can be so near to you, yet when you're there you feel so far from home.
Georgous View that i got to sketch.
side view of the beach.

another postcard picture


Sunset



The Fireworks!
Hope you enjoyed the fourth in style!
XOXOXO
Jenna




2 comments: