Friday, February 12, 2010

Hello, happy Friday! today, i came home energized & bursting with creativity and started crafting. I got much accomplished. I love nothing more than crossing something off my "list". But anyway, i wanted to share what I've been working on.


These are roses made out of organza fabric, a couture skill i was taught by my beloved sewing tutor. They look tricky to make but once you get the hang of them, you can make these with your eyes closed. I make these everywhere, school, waiting rooms, & my favorite drivers ed- what else was i supposed to do in that room for an hour and a half, HELLO! I love making these, there is just so much you can do with them. I sew the roses onto tanks, tees, skirts,- make them into ponytail holders, or pins. & in any color my heart desires, and sometimes i sew in pearls & crystals. I love these!

This craft project was really sentimental to me. I have an over flowing box of my late grammy's old costume jewelry, the junk not the good stuff- i got all that on my vanity , but this was the bits and pieces and odds & ends as you can call it. It really was garbage, or so i thought at the time but i couldn't bear to throw it out, just the thought broke my heart. Well, I had an idea, i got plain headbands a long time ago and never did what i planned to do with them so i got out my hot glue gun and started collaging. What i ended up with a unique, vintage accessory. I love working with vintage items, and i especially love how im recycling grammys things. I like to think shes looking down on me pleased, well i hope so, she never did like black though....

And lastly this was today's craft project. As you know i've kind of been shell obsessed latley, like borderline insane. I love working with shells since my parson's challenge project, i actually considered going to florida just to get more shells. must have more shells. I used up the sanibel island beautys and now i have to get by with the crappy shells we have here- in the craft store, too cold to get shells. But i've been making dew, and not all the shells are half bad, you just got to know how to use them. so i thought, and thought, and thought some more and it came to me a cute beach inspired accessory- ponytail holders! i love hair accessories, i love headbands, but i thought a little too avant gard a headband of seashells and what a hell of a headband headache that would give you! my head hurts enough everytime i wear my quilted burberry headband forget about a seashell headpiece forget it. Anyway i got off topic ... seashell ponytail holders! how cute to wear during the summer or to cheer up a blah day, it also will go great with your LILLY! For girls & ladies adorable! If anyone is interested im also selling these , gotta pay the shopping bills!
I hope you get inspired by something in your life. Don't stress just craft! I'm super excited to work on more projects this week since im off of school for winter break so stay tunned i got a lot more in store! until next time......xoxoxo Jenna


2 comments:

  1. I love the shell ponytail holders! Great idea! I'm new to the blogging world, check out my blog if you get a chance! www.southernmomoftwo.blogspot.com. I'm going to follow yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol! I just started blogging too & i love it! all the best xoxoxo Jenna

    ReplyDelete