Sunday, March 14, 2010

F.I.T. INTERVIEW RECAP!

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of posts, this week has been crazy! To make up for the lack of posts i have written a novel here for all of you. Enjoy.

I've been up all hours of the night sketching, watercoloring & sewing. There was just so much to do and prepeare for the interview it was quite overwhelming. I frankly don't know how i did it, i was exausted the whole week. But now, Its over! now i just have to sit tight and wait for my acceptance letters to roll in ( hopefully)! But of course i'm going to tell you details about yesterday.....

So I arrived at F.I.T in perfect timing, luckilly we didn't hit traffic in the monsoon weather yesterday. I signed in and took the picture of me with my stuff for this post and before i knew it i got called in. I had to schlep all my stuff down this long hallway and then into the ampitheater and down the steps to the lower area, i did it very gracefully. Then we all met this professor who was going around and collecting all our admissions materials,we were asked to sketch an outfit and just as i was begining to draw i got called. I was first to be interviewed! again as nonchalantly as i could i schleped all my things to the interview area.

I was greeted by two professors- who were interviewing me, two! talk about nerve wracking! but i stayed cool. They liked my design test, that took me hours to do but sadly they took my art work and i won't get it back. kinda sad , but its not worth getting upset over. maybe they will save it and it will be featured on my true hollywood story one day.Anyway, so american idol fans we had a Simon/Paula situation going on. The male professor was not going to say my stuff was good, but i knew he was pleased, and the woman was really impressed with me and made it well known. They critiqued my work, well " Simon" did, he didn't like how my sketches werent labled and that i didn't draw in zippers& how he counted a undershirt in one of my sketches a extra garment #6 out of the 5 for the challenge. Whatever. I didn't crack under the pressure though, I can handle criticism. Then for the great parts, I was told that my sewing skills were phonomenal ( Thanks Lin! couldn't have learned without the best sewing tutor!) & that i am clever and possses great marketing skills, i am quite knowledgeable for my age, & my favorite how impressed " Paula" was with me. The best moment was at the end when i handed in my shiny folder with my portfolio materials, recomendations..etc from my art school. "Paula" thought it was uber professional, she almost fell out of her chair. At that moment i knew i did everything right, and i knew that even though i complain about how expensive my art school is ($10k tuition + like the professional portfolio pictures $900) I knew that every dime my family had spent had been worth it at this moment, because this has given the step ahead in the art world. I also realized at that moment how fortunate i am that my parents have and are still bending over backwards to create the best opportunities for me that they were never given.ill admit sometimes i take for granted how great i got it, i know this sounds so corny but i really have the best parents, without them i wouldn't be where i am now in my life. I am a very acomplished young girl because of them.

So on another note, a funny one in fact, I managed to get myself lost in the F.I.T campus for almost a half hour. Why you may ask? Well, so after i was done with everything i really had to use the bathroom, But i had all my damn luggage & crap so instead of cutting across the amitheater stage to get to the bathroom i thought i would wonder around the back by the exits , well i got stopped by security because i was wondering in a restricted area, but once they knew i was looking for the bathroom and with all my luggage they weren't alarmed. The security guard suggested i use the elevators , and i was relieved that i wouldn't have the schlepp my stuff up the ampitheater stairs. So i took the elevator up and i ended up in who the hell knows where, some random conference room. I was walking around for like 15 minutes until i finally found the hallway i remembered i walked through to get to the ampitheater, and then i finally got back and found my parents. I was hard it was the first time i really had to be independent and find my own way, like usually my dad holds all my stuff wherever i go, but this time i had to do all the schlepping, and i did it, i got a little lost but i did it. I can't wait for college, I just hope i can handle it, things are going to be so different i am not going to have the comforts of home, or my parents doing everything for me.

Also, Thank you to everyone that has been so concerned about my little cousin, Julianna. Unfortunatley, she is not doing well, She is having complications from her bone marrow transplant she has something called engrafment syndrome which is causing her to experience vomiting, rashes & low oxygen levels, and again unfortunatley this is a sign that her body is rejecting the new bone marrow from her twin sister Jessica. Please Keep my baby cousin in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you for your love and support xoxoxoxo

Me at F.I.T with my luggage full of garments, Portfolio case & design board (in plastic garbage bag, i know really chic).Note the stupid dog luggage, a purchase of mine when i was 10 for our disney vacation, before i had taste. Now i look like an obsessed dog freak everywhere i go with this luggage not that i should complain but my parents are too cheap to buy new luggage.in Vegas getting our bags after our flight these random people mistakenly took me & my parents for scotti dog lovers& were trying to have a conversation with us about how many dogs we/they have!LOL What am i wearing? Leggings from " Tar-ge" , simply vera vera wang boots over juicy couture knee socks, a jacket of my own desing ( not pictured) under my vertigo trench coat, with my warm houndstooth scarf & you can't see but my obsessions : Kate Spade Park Av. Cuff & Necklace! & my ruffled leather Rampage bag! xoxoxo
Until next time......xoxoxoxo Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment