Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Looking For Inspiration

I'm currently working on my spring collection that i plan to launch sometime in may. I always like to look back on my previous work to get inspiration. I think of the seasons, and i love to look at old pictures of my late-great grandma from the 1920's.....Sometimes im sure of what i want to do, and other times i stall until the last possible minute,usually it comes to me when i least expect it, its such a great moment when i find "IT".for now the search continues.......
I launched my first ever collection- FALL '09 at my schools annual fashion show benefiting Breast Cancer Awarness & Research, I love doing something fun that gives back. It was Such a fun night....I hope many more runway shows to come ;)
I also made centerpieces for the tables, I recycled vintage purses that i found at my local thrift store cleaned them up and took hydrangers from my tree outside, dried & sprayed them and stuck them in with some branches for an earthy look.


Tweed-tastic!
cream tweed skirtsuit, modernized chanel skirtsuit, and tweed knit separates. im just crazy for tweed, its rare also, there is barley any when i go to the garment district and it can be pricey.....last time i went to get my tweed i had to bargain with the guy he was relentless but finally worked with me he was pissed off though because he threw my change at me LOL.






My 3 -in-1 dress the overlay & belt detatches
















two of the ready-to wear looks
handmade organza roses and vintage jewelry sewn onto the garments.
Thanks for looking! I look foward to sharing my adventures in fashion with you!
xoxoxo
Jenna



No comments:

Post a Comment